Friday, June 7, 2019

Aladdin Movie Review

My family and I decided to see Aladdin at the drive-in. It was a little dark so I recommend a normal movie going experience as the drive in is better for bright films. I was a little hesitant because of the reviews the film has received but the movie have had a 5% and I'd still go see it. I was that excited and it did not disappoint!



Aladdin is as charming as the original and stays very true to some of the viewers' favorite scenes from the classic. Artistically, I want to give this film gushing reviews. My imagination could not have made up the fantastic elements this film puts on screen. The palace, the wardrobe, the city, it's all so glamorous and left '96 me still longing for a turquoise dress and a tiger.

I loved "A Whole New World" and the romance between Jasmine and Aladdin. The on screen chemistry was truly magical. Disney does a wonderful job sucking you in and making you a part of each number. The scenery as they fly on the magic carpet and stare longingly at one another will make any age viewer's heart melt.



Most of the film's changes came to Jasmine, saving her from an era of powerless women and giving her a choice back. I don't want to give too much of this away, but the added song "Speechless" shows how powerful Jasmine becomes in this movie. It's more than just her wanting to marry for love, she wants to save her Kingdom from treachery on her own. I love the modifications to her outfits to make her less sultry but still elegant and stunning.

The Genie's "Friend Like Me" was funny and full of energy. Will Smith nailed his role and boy did he have some big shoes to fill! He was the cherry on top for this film! Every time he appears on screen, he is caring, funny, witty, and entertaining!

Overall, this is a film all ages can enjoy. The costumes, sets, dance numbers, and characters will fill your Disney heart with love and nostalgia. I can't wait for you to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment